Webinar - Restructuring tools to navigate uncharted waters amid Covid-19
- 27 May 2020
- Conferences & Publications
Cédric Alter will be the moderator of this International Bar Association (IBA) webinar, which will allow you to learn more about the normative perspectives of the financial restructuring of corporate debt at a global level.
Once the restrictive measures dictated by the governments during the Covid-19 pandemic are finished, it is foreseeable that the economic difficulties, the increase in unemployment, the decrease in sales, and in general the financial problems of companies and individuals will continue.
This webinar will provide an analysis of the normative perspectives of the financial restructuring of the debts of the companies in the international area and will focus on:
- Moratorium, suspension of the duty to file for insolvency and other hibernation measures: a comparison among the various jurisdictions
- Liquidity challenges: have companies been able to efficiently access funding through government or central bank loan schemes that have been initiated to deal with the crisis?
- At what moment do you expect the hit of the debt wall? How long can we kick the can down the road? How will insolvency filing strategies change? Will there be sufficient time and liquidity to effect a pre-pack or are we looking at ‘free-fall’ filing options? Affected/dying industries vs industries with a future
- Life after Corona: what will have been changed in our minds?
DATE - 5 June 2020 / 13.00-14.00 BST
LOCATION - Webinar International Bar Association
REGISTRATION - Online form
REPLAY - The webinar is available for replay by clicking on this link