Tess Van Gaal (°1993) holds a Master’s degree in Public and Administrative Law, with a minor in Criminal Law, from KU Leuven (2018) and an Advanced LL.M. in Public International Law from Leiden University (2019, cum laude).
In the course of her studies, Tess participated in moot court competitions on European Law (public procurement) and International Public Law. In the first competition she was nominated amongst the four best Advocate-Generals. She won the second competition with the team of Leiden University.
Tess was admitted to the Brussels Bar in 2020 and joined Janson the same year. She mainly focuses on public law, administrative law and public procurement.
Languages: Dutch, French, English
- 05/2020 - …: Associate - Janson
- 2019 - 2020: Judge for Leiden University in the International Moot Court Competition (ICC), The Netherlands
- 2019 - 2020: Judge, National Moot Court Competition, The Netherlands
- 2018 - 2019: Advanced LL.M. Public International Law, Leiden University, The Netherlands (cum laude)
- 2016 - 2018: Master in Law (Public and Criminal Law), KU Leuven
- 2013 - 2016: Bachelor of Laws, KU Leuven (campus Brussel) - Université Saint-Louis Bruxelles
Awards and honours
- 2018 - 2019: Winner of the International Criminal Court Moot Court Competition, with the team of Leiden University, The Netherlands
- 2017 - 2018: Nominated amongst the four best Advocate-Generals in the European Law Moot Court Competition, Belgium - Scotland