Melanie Sleutjes obtained her Master in Law at the University of Ghent in 2013 (cum laude). Subsequently, she obtained a Master in Law and Economics in 2014 at the Université Libre De Bruxelles (magna cum laude).
After her studies, Melanie joined the Bar of Bruges, followed by an internship abroad at a law firm in Bordeaux. In October 2016, she joined Janson.
Melanie mainly focuses on commercial law, corporate law and real estate.
Languages: Dutch, French, English
- 10/2016 - ...: Associate - Janson
- 04/2016 - 07/2016: Foreign internship - Ulysse Société d’Avocats (Bordeaux, France)
- 08/2014 - 12/2015: Junior associate - Everest Advocaten (Bruges)
- 01/2016 - 03/2016: General French courses and legal French courses, France Langue (Bordeaux, France)
- 2013 - 2014: Master in Law and Economics, Université Libre de Bruxelles (magna cum laude)
- 07/2013: Summer School | Corporate Law and Governance, London School of Economics and Political Science (cum laude)
- 2011 - 2013: Master in Law, Ghent University (cum laude)
- 2008 - 2011: Bachelor of Laws, Ghent University
- 11/2015: Participation in the 'Bossche Strafpleitwedstrijd' in 's-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)
- 04/2015: Second place in the oral pleading competition at the Bar of Bruges
- Inleiding tot hervorming van het goederenrecht, T. Vred. 2021, 9-25 (with J. Malekzadem)