- Junior Legal Expert
Corina Negru joined Janson in 2019 as Junior Legal Expert. She specialises mainly in energy law, European law and competition law.
Although her professional career started recently, Corina has experience in the liberalisation of energy markets, the integration of national electricity systems into the European electricity infrastructure, smart metering, renewable energies, the preparation of specific workshops and network codes.
Corina holds a degree in European Law from the University of Maastricht (LLB). In addition, she holds a Master's degree (LLM) in Corporate and Commercial Law from the same university. During her studies, she completed a series of internships in both private and public organisations.
In the course of 2020, Corina plans to return to the academic track while continuing to work at Janson.
- Analysis of existing trends, constraints and opportunities for the development of key sub-sectors: hydroelectricity, renewable energies, electricity, oil, gas and biofuels, rural electrification
- Advising on the restructuring of the State-owned national company in charge of electricity transport, production and distribution in order to address its critical financial situation
- Support for the drafting of the new Electricity Law and institutional framework to attract private investment, develop renewable energy, expand access to electricity (urban and rural areas)
- Review of Reference Policies in the Energy Sector
- Support for the strengthening of the independence and competences of the National Regulatory Authority
Languages: English, Russian, Romanian, French, Dutch
- 01/2020 - ...: Junior Legal Expert - Janson
- 09/2019 - 12/2019: Intern European and Competition Law - Janson
- 05/2018 - 10/2018: Legal trainee - F.T.N. SRL (Mantova, Italy)
- 06/2017 - 09/2017: Human Rights Trainee - Ministry of Justice (Moldova)
- 05/2016 - 09/2016: Legal trainee - Ministry of Economy and Infrastructure (Moldova)
- 2020 - 2021: Master 2 in Economic and Business Law, Université Côte d'Azur
- 2018 - 2019: Master in Corporate and Commercial Law, University of Maastricht
- 2015 - 2018: Bachelor's degree in European Law, University of Maastricht
- The Impact of Brexit on the EU: the Energy Perspective, in Brexit and Energy Law, Raphael Heffron and Ana Stanic, 2020, Routledge (with Guy Block)
- Arbitration in Energy and Infrastructure Sectors - The Worldwide Arbitrators’ Standing Point by Guy Block, 2020, Larcier (contribution)