François-Xavier Istace holds a Master in Law from the Catholic University of Louvain (2013, cum laude) and is currently pursuing an LL.M. in Competition Law at the Brussels School of Competition.
Prior to joining Janson in 2020, François-Xavier worked for an international law firm in Brussels. He also has extensive experience in public international law, which he gained by working in several international tribunals in The Hague.
François-Xavier mainly focuses on distribution and competition law.
Languages: French, English, Dutch
- 10/2020 - ...: Senior Associate - Janson
- 12/2019 - 09/2020: Associate - Eversheds Sutherland LLP
- 09/2016 - 11/2019: Junior Associate - Van Olmen & Wynant
- 01/2016 - 04/2016: Trainee - International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia
- 09/2015 - 12/2015: Trainee - Special Tribunal for Lebanon
- 12/2014 - 06/2015: Trainee - International Criminal Court
- 2019 - 2021: LL.M. in Competition Law, Brussels School of Competition
- 2014: LL.M. in Criminal Justice and Human Rights, King's College University of Aberdeen
- 2013: Master in Law, Catholic University of Louvain (cum laude)